Once you learn how to draw a parrot, you can go on to finish it with any color combination that you want. The variations they come in seem to be endless.
Did you know that parrots are believed to be some of the smartest creatures around? Turns out that they have large brains, along with large beaks, which help them imitate voices, and even use simple tools.
This tutorial will walk students through drawing not only the basic bird shape, but also the features necessary to make a bird look like a parrot. The large eye, beak, and colorful wing all add up a bird that looks like no other!
- Parrot Tutorial (click for a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Parrot
- Draw the bird head and body.
- Add the branch touching below.
- Draw a tail under the branch.
- Draw the beak.
- Erase the gray line, and draw the eye.
- Add a wing to the body.
- Erase the gray line and add details.
- Add branch details and fill with leaves.
- Trace with a marker and color with crayons.