Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a School Tutorial Video and a School Coloring Page. You can always customize it with your own school name and colors.
School Tutorial Video
Schools come in all kinds of shapes and sizes, of course. But as students learn about the world around them, and try to capture it on paper, they might need help when it comes to learning how to draw a school. The particular version works when you need that need an idea of what your average school might look like. It is a couple of stories tall, has lots of windows, and some fun brick color too. Perhaps most importantly, there’s lots of room to customize the name of the school on top. If anyone has trouble getting the name to fit in one line, they could always make the rectangle taller by moving the bottom edge down closer to the windows.
Pin me to your Pinterest Board
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
School Building Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a School Building
- Draw a centered rectangle and a roof line.
- Add a side and roof to either side.
- Draw a door and rectangle for sign.
- Add rows of windows to the center.
- Draw windows on the right side.
- Add matching windows to the left side.
- Add brick details and a school name.
- Draw some background landscaping.
- Trace with a black marker and color.