Now you can learn how to draw a mermaid in a few easy steps, perfect for any story or movie you might happen to be watching about them.
These mythical creatures seem to be pretty fascinating for every generation, so here is my attempt to add an easy tutorial to help kids of all ages draw one.
It is a fun time to take advantage of the underwater theme and draw lots of floating hair. You don’t get to think what that would look like everyday.
Use Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Save me to your Pinterest Board!
Mermaid Coloring Page
Materials for Mermaid Drawing
- Black Sharpie Marker (affiliate link)
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Step by Step Directions for Mermaid Drawing
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Mermaid
- Draw the head and add a face.
- Draw the neck and start the arms.
- Finish the arms and hands.
- Draw the top and belly.
- Add a swirly tail below.
- Draw lots of floating hair.
- Add a hair flower and details to the tail.
- Fill the background with fish and plants.
- Trace with a marker and color.