Learn how to draw a race car, with this new step by step tutorial. They have a sleek and colorful look that is so much different than your average car.
You can capture the attention of young artists with something many are familiar with — race cars.
This tutorial will show them how to start a drawing with the large wheels, streamlined body, surrounded by a colorful track. Once they know how to draw a car this way, more can be added in the background for some extra racing drama!
*The above product links are a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Race Car
- Draw two circles for the wheels.
- Add the center hubcap circles.
- Draw the car frame behind the wheels.
- Start the driver by drawing the helmut.
- Finish the body and steering wheel.
- Add a circle and number to the door, and an exhaust pipe.
- Add a road line and rail above it.
- Draw diagonal lines in the rail.
- Trace with a marker and color.