Learn how to draw a race car, step by step. Its triangular shape and large wheels make it much different than your average car.
You can capture the attention of very young artists with something most are familiar with — race cars. And if you keep them and in profile, like this one, it can help them create a successful drawing too.
My sample was created in a painting class by Ryan, a kindergartener, but you could also just use crayons or markers too. In fact, those might let you design more of the car, with racing stripes, etc.
- View and download Race Car Tutorial
Paint, crayons or markers.
Prep: Print tutorial for each student.
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
- Students follow the tutorial to draw the race car in pencil.
- The race car is traced with a black marker.
- Color the car with paint or crayons or markers.