Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Train and a Train Drawing Coloring Page. Most train tutorials focus on the old-fashioned ones, for some reason. The more modern versions are fun to draw too.
When learning how to draw a train, the newer and sleeker versions are a lot of fun to draw, and still start with simple shapes. You could get inspired by the familiar Amtrak cars, or even the high-speed trains that are found in other countries.
TIP: Take advantage of space you’ll have above and below in your train drawing. Adding some larger landscaping in the foreground, and smaller in the background, will add some depth and space to your artwork.
Train Coloring Page
Train Drawing Coloring Page
Materials to draw a Train
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Step by Step Directions for a Train Drawing
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Train
- Draw two rectangles for the cars.
- Add the front of the train.
- Add the train car doors.
- Draw a series of windows.
- Add lines and connect the cars.
- Add the rails.
- Connect train to rails with lots of wheels.
- Add landscaping to the fore and background.
- Trace with a marker and color.