Most how to draw a train tutorials focus on the old-fashioned ones, for some reason. The more modern versions are fun to draw too.
The newer and sleeker trains are a lot of fun to draw, and still start with simple shapes. You could get inspired by the familiar Amtrak cars, or even the high-speed trains that are found in other countries.
TIP: Take advantage of space you’ll have above and below in your train drawing. Adding some larger landscaping in the foreground, and smaller in the background, will add some depth and space to your artwork.
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Train
- Draw two rectangles for the cars.
- Add the front of the train.
- Add the train car doors.
- Draw a series of windows.
- Add lines and connect the cars.
- Add the rails.
- Connect train to rails with lots of wheels.
- Add landscaping to the fore and background.
- Trace with a marker and color.