Most simple train drawing tutorials for kids focus on the old-fashioned version, for some reason. There are a lot of modern options though too.
The newer and sleeker trains are a lot of fun to draw, and still start with simple shapes. You could get inspired by the familiar Amtrak cars, or even the high-speed trains that are found in other countries.
- Black marker
- Prep: Print tutorial for each student.
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
- Draw the train, following the tutorial, using a pencil.
- Trace the train with a black marker.
- Color the train carefully with crayons. Press hard to get bright colors.