Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw Buildings Tutorial Video and a Building Coloring Page. It’s one of the first steps to learning about perspective.
This building tutorial walks students through the easiest way I know to draw a row of buildings. If they start with a row of rectangles, various heights and sharing sides, it will simplify the process of adding depth to them. Once they add diagonal corner lines all going in the same direction, the final step of connecting them becomes easier to see and do. A closer look at the step by step directions below will help explain that.
When students start to learn more about squares and cubes, they might be ready to apply those ideas to real life and learn how to draw a building. And not just any building, but buildings that look 3D! Their cityscape drawings will go to a whole new level when they learn how to add some sides to their buildings, so they can have some dimension to them.
Buildings Video Tutorial
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Buildings Coloring Page
Materials for Buildings Drawing
- Black Sharpie Marker (affiliate link)
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Step by Step Directions to draw a Building
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw Easy 3D Buildings
- Draw a ground line.
- Add touching rectangles above.
- Draw 45 degree angle lines at corners shown.
- Connect ends with straight lines.
- Start adding doors and windows.
- Continue adding doors and windows.
- Finish the doors and windows.
- Add a tree, cloud and sun.
- Trace with marker and color.