Learn how to draw Amanda Gorman, an American poet and activist who has now performed both at an Inauguration and a Super Bowl.
Amanda Gorman is the youngest inaugural poet in U.S. history, as well as an award-winning writer and cum laude graduate of Harvard University. Any one of those accomplishments would make her an incredible role model, but all together? At only twenty-two years of age? Simply amazing.
This tutorial shows students how to draw Amanda’s portrait in what is called a 3/4 view. It’s very similar to drawing someone with a direct front view, just with a bit of a turn to one side.
- How to Draw Amanda Gorman (click to open PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
- Pencil crayons, crayons or markers
Time needed: 45 minutes
How to Draw Amanda Gorman
- Draw the main shape of her head as shown.
- Add eyes to the side, and nose in between.
- Draw her eyelids, and eyebrows and finish the nose.
- Add her mouth, ear and earrings.
- Start Amanda’s hair as shown.
- Add her hair band and erase the head line.
- Draw a shirt collar.
- Add a jacket and block letters above.
- Trace with a marker and color.