Lear how to draw a Saurolophus and you’ll have expanded your dinosaur drawing skills. Note that his belly is colored a little lighter than the rest of him.
Saurolophus became extinct around 65 million years ago in the late Cretaceous Era and were one of the last dinosaurs to walk the Earth. This tutorial will help you draw their very unique body and head.
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Saurolophus
- Make guidelines. Draw a circle.
- Add the neck.
- Draw the outline of the head.
- Add the face details and draw a tail.
- Start the arm and back leg.
- Finish the arm and leg and erase the lines inside.
- Draw remaining arm and leg.
- Add horizon line and rocky background.
- Trace with a black marker and color with crayons or pencil crayons.
LOOKING FOR MORE DRAWING PROJECT IDEAS?
There are 200 fun and easy drawing tutorials made just for young artists in my giant How To Draw ebook.
All were created with lots of hands on classroom testing, and designed to take beginner artists from the first step to the last with clear and simple diagrams.
It’s all you need to provide hours of drawing fun with tutorials for Animals, Fish, Insects, Birds, Landscapes, Plants, Transportation, People and much more. Just click on the book or title to learn more.