2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | Drawing | Pencil crayon | View by Grade
Draw a Saurolophus
Lear how to draw a Saurolophus and you’ll have expanded your dinosaur drawing skills. Note that his belly is colored a little lighter than the rest of him.
Saurolophus became extinct around 65 million years ago in the late Cretaceous Era and were one of the last dinosaurs to walk the Earth. It was about 30 feet long and weighed around 3 tons! This tutorial will help you draw their very unique body and head.
There Saurolophus has a very odd crest upon the top of its head which is made up of nasal bones. Scientists suspect that the crest was used to possibly help breathe and control the dinosaur’s temperature. The first remains of a Saurolophus were found in 1911 and are now on display in the American Museum of Natural History.
- Download Draw a Saurolophus PDF Tutorial
- Drawing paper
- Black Sharpie marker, fine tip
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Saurolophus
- Make guidelines. Draw a circle.
- Add the neck.
- Draw the outline of the head.
- Add the face details and draw a tail.
- Start the arm and back leg.
- Finish the arm and leg and erase the lines inside.
- Draw remaining arm and leg.
- Add horizon line and rocky background.
- Trace with a black marker and color with crayons or pencil crayons.