Learn how to draw a fairy with a step by step tutorial. This one is actually a combination of lots of other popular fairy drawings found on the internet today.
One definition of a fairy is that it is a mythical creature that usually has a tiny human form and magical powers. That leaves a lot of options for what one actually looks like, but many movies and storybooks have thankfully given us lots of ideas to fill in the blanks. Tinkerbell is probably one of the more famous of fairies, but that doesn’t mean they all have to be blond and blue-eyed.
This tutorial shows how to draw a fairy that looks like it walked off a Disney set, because hey, pretty wings and petal-inspired clothes are fun to draw. But after that, the hair and coloring can be whatever one wants their fairy to be.
Pin me to your Pinterest Board
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Materials for How to Draw a Fairy
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tips.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent marker pens make nice black outlines, have a good tip for coloring, and never bleed when they get wet. Use them with good ventilation and add extra paper underneath to protect your tables.
- Prang Crayons. These are a bit softer than other crayons so they sometimes look like oil pastels. They also have a some nice brown shades that Crayola does not have unless you buy their larger boxes.
- Crayola Crayons. The reliable brand that always works well. The 24 pack has some of my favorite golden orange and yellow colors that seem a bit richer and warmer than the ones Prang has.
Directions for How to Draw a Fairy Step by Step
Time needed: 35 minutes.
How to Draw a Fairy
- Draw the head
- Add the torso below the head
- Draw petals to make a skirt.
- Add petal details and one bent leg.
- Draw the other leg behind it.
- Add hair to the head, add the face.
- Erase lines, draw arms and a top line.
- Erase line and draw two wings.
- Trace with a marker and color.