Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Bed and a Bed Coloring Page. A quilt with puffy looking squares makes it look extra cozy.
If your students know how to draw a side view of a bed, and you’d like them to think more dimensionally, then this new bed tutorial might be just what you need. It has an interesting three-quarter point of view, but the shapes are still pretty simple and easy to draw. A colorful quilt with big puffy squares emphasizes the dimensional look.
Students may be aware that an interest in drawing houses could lead to becoming an architect, but do they know about the wide world of product design? If they like to dream up new things, like furniture, then they might consider learning more about the world of product design. It’s pretty broad and covers a ton of career opportunities.
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Bed Coloring Page
Materials for a Bed Drawing
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Directions to Draw a Bed Step by Step
Time needed: 45 minutes
How to Draw a Bed
- Draw a rectangle at the angle shown.
- Add two tall posts with circles on top.
- Draw the two short legs on the other end.
- Add lines for headboard and mattress.
- Draw a blanket shape around the mattress.
- Erase gray lines and add a pillow.
- Erase gray lines and draw 3 quilt seam lines.
- Add a quilt fold under the pillow and finish
with the rest of the quilt lines.
- Trace with a marker and color.