Learn how to draw a townhouse with this easy step by step tutorial. It’s fun to make it old-fashioned and wintery during this time of year.
Houses come in all shapes and sizes, but this time of year it’s fun to draw them with an old-fashioned look in a wintery setting.
This cozy townhome looks like it could pop right out of a storybook. With a tall and narrow profile, and stone and brick details, it’s easy to imagine all kinds of interesting things going on inside, old-fashioned homes just kind of do that.
If your students have learned how to draw the front view of houses really well, this this might be a good project for them. This one includes the simple view of a side, without any attempt to deal with perspective just yet. That can come later on.
- How to Draw a Townhouse (click to open a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 35 minutes.
How to Draw a Townhouse
- Draw a wavy snow line.
- Draw the base of the house.
- Add the roof on top.
- Draw the front door and steps.
- Add floor line and windows.
- Draw more windows, chimney.
- Erase line, add curves to roof.
- Draw bricks and snow on roof.
- Trace with marker and color.