Learn how to draw easy Koi Fish and then turn them into a lovely watercolor resist painting.
One of the more popular types of fish, the Koi fish is a Japanese symbol of luck, prosperity and good fortune. It also represent perseverance in the face of adversity. With such good and inspirational meaning behind it, you want to make sure your Koi Fish can be as beautiful as possible. With this tutorial, you can do just that.
With this easy step by step tutorial, you will learn much more than just how to draw a Koi fish. You will also learn how to make that drawing come to artistic life by using watercolor painting. This will turn your drawing into a lovely watercolor resist painting that is hard to take your eyes off of.
- Easy Koi Fish PDF Tutorial
- Watercolor paper
- Liquid watercolor paint
Time needed: 1 hour.
Easy Koi Fish Painting
- Draw a medium teardrop shape.
- Draw a large teardrop shape.
- Add a tail to the large fish.
- Add a tail to the medium fish.
- Add fins to both fish.
- Draw a curved top fin on each.
- Draw the tops of the eyes.
- Draw wavy plants in between.
- Trace with a crayon and paint with watercolor.