Learn how to draw a bridge with this easy step by step tutorial, and then turn it into a lovely shaded sunset. Good old crayons might be more versatile than you think!
Drawing of Bridge
You can mix some mechanical drawing practice with your art lessons when you show students how to draw a bridge. This one is actually the Sydney Harbour Bridge in Sydney, Australia, but there might be a more like it with this basic structure.
For a drawing that creates the maximum impact, try using black permanent markers for the bridge and city silhouette, and then layered crayons for the sunset. The colors will stay true without mixing together, and your janitor will thank you for not breaking out the super messy oil pastels. (Even if that janitor is you!)
Save me to your Pinterest Board!
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Bridge Coloring Page
Materials for Bridge Project
- Black Sharpie Marker (affiliate link)
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Step by Step Directions for Bridge Project
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Bridge
- Draw two matching towers.
- Add the base line and start the top curve.
- Finish the top curve.
- Start the curve underneath.
- Finish the curve underneath.
- Draw evenly spaced vertical lines.
- Add diagonal lines as shown.
- Draw the distant skyline and waves.
- Trace with a marker and color.