Finding a tutorial for how to draw a horse running, one appropriate for elementary age students, proved difficult so I made my own.
Horses are beautiful creatures, especially when they are running, so it’s no surprise that lots of children like to draw them. The trick though, is to get all those gentle curves of their legs and body just right.
This tutorial is made with some extra guidelines (you can draw them or fold your paper to get them) which will help you get proportion of your horse right. Drawing the most perfect legs ever still won’t look right if they are too large or too small for your horse body.
LIKE THIS DRAWING PROJECT?
For more easy drawing tutorials like this one, please see my popular How To Draw ebook in my PDF Shop. It’s a collection of step-by-step tutorials that are simple and easy to understand for beginner artists.
- Prep: Print tutorial for each student.
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold to make the creases shown.
- Follow the tutorial to draw the horse in pencil.
- Trace the horse with a black marker.
- Color the horse and background carefully with crayons.
Submit your review