Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Pony and a Pony Coloring Page. This one includes an extra cute face!
Drawing of a Pony
Pony Coloring Page
This How to Draw a Pony tutorial is similar to my horse, but the proportions are just a bit different. The slightly larger head and bigger legs give him (or her) a childlike look that make ponies so much fun to draw.
When most of us think of a pony, we may just picture a small horse. It’s not unusual for people to believe that a pony is simply a young horse that has not grown up yet. The right word for a baby horse would be a foal.
The truth is that ponies and horses are not two stages of development of a single animal. Even though they are related, they are quite different creatures. Ponies remain small when they’re fully grown, which is part of what makes them so irresistible for children.
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Directions to Draw an Easy Pony
Time needed: 30 minutes
How to Draw a Pony
- Draw a large been shape.
- Add a head shape above, to left.
- Connect the head to the body.
- Finish the face and ear.
- Add the four legs.
- Draw the mane over head, neck.
- Draw the tail, erase gray lines.
- Add a background.
- Trace with marker and color.