Show your students how to draw Pikachu and they can make up their own stories, instead of just watching him on a screen.
Drawing of Pikachu
Pikachu are a species of Pokémon, fictional creatures that appear in an assortment of video games, animated television shows and movies, trading card games, and comic books licensed by The Pokémon Company, a Japanese corporation.
Pikachu is renowned for being the most well-known and recognizable Pokémon. Over the years, Pikachu has become so popular that it serves as the Pokémon franchise mascot.
Fortunately, this character is pretty easy to draw as his body is made from some pretty simple shapes. That means just about all his fans, including really young ones, can make their own Pikachu drawing.
Pin me to your Pinterest Board
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Pikachu Coloring Page
Materials for Pikachu
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tips.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent marker pens make nice black outlines, have a good tip for coloring, and never bleed when they get wet. Use them with good ventilation and add extra paper underneath to protect your tables.
- Prang Crayons. These are a bit softer than other crayons so they sometimes look like oil pastels. They also have a some nice brown shades that Crayola does not have unless you buy their larger boxes.
- Crayola Crayons. The reliable brand that always works well. The 24 pack has some of my favorite golden orange and yellow colors that seem a bit richer and warmer than the ones Prang has.
Step by Step Directions for Pikachu
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw Pikachu
- Start the head.
- Add the arms below.
- Draw the body below the arms.
- Add two ears.
- Draw the mouth
- Draw eyes and cheeks.
- Add two feet and a tail.
- Draw a horizon line in the back.
- Trace with a marker and color with crayons.