Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Charmander and a Charmander Coloring Page. Charmander are small, lizard-like Pokemon.
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
If any of your students are into Pokemon, then drawing some of the more famous characters is a great way to get their attention. Learning how to draw Charmander is one of the easier ones to try out, especially when you approach the body in a very symmetrical way. It’s so much easier to draw two sides the same way, matching arms and legs as you go, instead of drawing him from a 3/4 view.
Those that find the body easy to draw can then challenge themselves to draw a flame as realistically as possible. The sample drawing here just shows the basic colors, but blending them together would look even better!
Charmander Coloring Page
Charmander Tracing Page
Materials for a Charmander drawing
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. Don’t waste your money on the cheapest brand. These make nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a nice dark black color.
- Crayons. I like this non-toxic brand that is made from beeswax, not petroleum by-products.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions for a Charmander Drawing
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw Charmander
- Start the top of the head.
- Draw the bottom of the head.
- Draw two arms.
- Continue with two curves below.
- Draw the round belly.
- Finish the feet and toes.
- Draw the tail with a flame.
- Finish with face and horizon line.
- Trace with marker and color.