Learn how to draw Charmander, the torch Pokemon, with this easy step by step tutorial. Charmander are small, lizard-like Pokemon.
If any of your students are into Pokemon, then drawing some of the more famous characters is a great way to get their attention.
This Charmander is one of the easier ones to try out, especially when you approach the body in a very symmetrical way. It’s so much easier to draw two sides the same way, matching arms and legs as you go, instead of drawing him from a 3/4 view.
Those that find the body easy to draw can then challenge themselves to draw a flame as realistically as possible. The sample drawing here just shows the basic colors, but blending them together would look even better!
- How to Draw Charmander (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw Charmander
- Start the top of the head.
- Draw the bottom of the head.
- Draw two arms.
- Continue with two curves below.
- Draw the round belly.
- Finish the feet and toes.
- Draw the tail with a flame.
- Finish with face and horizon line.
- Trace with marker and color.