Learn how to draw Squirtle from Pokemon with this easy step by step tutorial. Who could resist his cute face?
Squirtle is also known as the Tiny Turtle Pokémon. Turns out that during battle, he hides in his shell and sprays water at his opponent. That sounds like one of the less evil battles I have ever heard of.
I bet that Squirtle’s cute face and fluffy tail have something to do with his appeal, so this tutorial makes it easy to draw both of those. And to add a little more dimension, his body is slightly turned so you can see his cool shell.
TIP: Be sure to draw lightly so that the extra lines can be easily erased. That’s how to pros do it!
- How to Draw Squirtle (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw Squirtle
- Draw a head and attached body.
- Lightly add wavy shell lines.
- Draw large eyes.
- Add the mouth and details.
- Lightly add the belly lines, off center.
- Draw the arms.
- Erase lines and draw the legs.
- Erase lines, add a tail and background.
- Trace with marker and color.