The best way to learn how to draw a meerkat, if you ask me, is by placing him in his famous “lookout” pose. It makes that long body much easier to draw.
So the meerkat body is made from some pretty simple shapes, if you start with a long body and then attach the arms and legs. Just make sure you erase those extra lines before your trace
Making the body look fuzzy though, takes some extra work. I used a kind of golden color for the base, and then added draw brown crayon lines on top. It adds some extra texture, but you could probably make him or her even fuzzier by making the outside black edge with a little more wiggle to it.
Save me to your Pinterest Board!
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Meerkat Coloring Page
Materials for Meerkat Project
- Black Sharpie Marker (affiliate link)
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Step by Step Directions for Meerkat Project
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Meerkat
- Draw the torso of the body.
- Add the head above.
- Draw two legs.
- Add two hanging arms.
- Draw the features in the face and ear.
- Add a long tail.
- Erase the gray lines. Draw a hill.
- Add landscaping to the background.
- Trace with a marker and color.