Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step how to draw Yayoi tutorial and Yayoi coloring page. She has a distinctive and colorful look.
This tutorial will help fans of Yayoi draw her likeness in her very distinct style of bright hair and dot-patterned clothes. Now book reports can get a colorful portrait drawing of Yayoi to go with them!
Yayoi Kusama (born 1929) is a Japanese contemporary artist who works primarily in sculpture and installation, but is also active in painting, performance, film, fashion, poetry, fiction, and other arts. Her work is based in conceptual art and shows some attributes of feminism, minimalism, surrealism, pop art, and abstract expressionism.
Since the 1970s, Kusama has continued to create art, most notably installations in various museums around the world. She has been acknowledged as one of the most important living artists to come out of Japan.
Use the button below to download this instant tutorial
Yayoi Coloring Page
Materials to Draw Yayoi
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Directions for a Yayoi Drawing
Time needed: 1 hour
How to Draw Yayoi
- Start by drawing the bottom of the face.
- Draw two eyes.
- Add eyebrows and a nose.
- Draw a mouth.
- Start the inside hair line.
- Add the outside hair line.
- Erase gray line and draw the shoulders.
- Add large circles and the block letter name above.
- Trace with a marker and color.