Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw Sally Ride and a Sally Ride Coloring Page. In 1983, Dr. Sally Ride became the first American woman to fly in space.
Sally Ride Drawing
Who was Sally Ride?
Sally Kristen Ride was an American astronaut and physicist. Born in Los Angeles, she joined NASA in 1978, and in 1983 became the first American woman and the third woman to fly in space,
Ride joined NASA in 1978, one of the first six women to be selected by NASA as astronauts. She was named a mission specialist for Space Shuttle Challenger‘s STS-7 mission in 1983 and flew on a second mission (STS-41G) in 1984.
After leaving NASA, Sally Ride became a physics professor and launched a variety of business ventures that would inspire the next generation of astronauts and scientists.
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Sally Ride Coloring Page
Materials for a Sally Ride Drawing
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions to Draw Sally Ride
Time needed: 1 hour
Draw Sally Ride lesson
- Draw outline of the head and bangs.
- Add the neck and the hair line around the head.
- Draw the lines in the hair, the ears and the eyes.
- Add the eyebrows and the nose.
- Draw a smiling mouth.
- Start the shirt with the collar.
- Finish the shirt with the shoulder lies, and the patches on her shirt.
- Add Sally’s name in big block letters.
- Trace the pencil drawing with a marker and color.