My favorite Frida Kahlo for kids project is a simple portrait with a few key features. Try coloring with oil pastels on black paper for a very rich look.
Frida overcame many obstacles in her life, but she always found a way to continue making art. That’s a pretty good message for children of all ages to hear and apply to their own life.
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw Frida Kahlo
- Draw guide lines. Start the face.
- Add a neck.
- Draw a necklace and shoulders.
- Draw ears and start the hair.
- Add flowers on top of the head.
- Add eyes on the center line.
- Add eyebrows and a nose.
- Finish with the mouth.
- Color with oil pastels and trace in black when complete.