My favorite Frida Kahlo for kids project is a simple portrait with a few key features. Try coloring with oil pastels on black paper for a very rich look.
Frida overcame many obstacles in her life, but she always found a way to continue making art. That’s a pretty good message for children of all ages to hear and apply to their own life.
- Draw Frida Kahlo PDF (see below to download)
- Black card stock paper
- Oil pastels
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw Frida Kahlo
- Draw guide lines. Start the face.
- Add a neck.
- Draw a necklace and shoulders.
- Draw ears and start the hair.
- Add flowers on top of the head.
- Add eyes on the center line.
- Add eyebrows and a nose.
- Finish with the mouth.
- Color with oil pastels and trace in black when complete.