Learn how to draw a Spider sitting on a delicate spider web. A black silhouette makes it really easy to color the background.
How to Draw a Spider
Students can first draw a simple web, and then learn how to draw a spider on top. The coloring is easy as a good black marker will make the darkest and clearest black lines, and then a crayon color can go right on top. Just advise students to test their colors first, as some crayons are more transparent than others. This makes a fun Halloween drawing project, but also, what better way to learn (and remember!) that spiders have eight walking legs, and insects have six? Drawing is kind of amazing in that way.
Pin me to your Pinterest Board
Join “The Daily Draw” below to get this free download!
Spider Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Draw an Easy Spider
- Draw about 10 lines in a burst.
- Draw a curved ring near center. (Leave space inside for the spider.)
- Add a larger curved ring.
- Add an even larger curved ring.
- Draw the oval abdomen.
- Add the thorax, and the front legs.
- Add three more sets of legs.
- Fill the spider with a black marker.
- Trace with a marker and color.