Show young students how to draw a bat, after learning some more about them in this perfectly matched book titled “Nightsong” by Ari Berk.
This book beautifully illustrates how bats use their radar to see at night, and tells of a young bat’s first flight all by himself. Really one of those special books that young students can relate to, and is a great match for this how to draw project.
- Hanging Bat Tutorial (see above)
- “Nightsong” book by Ari Berk
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Bat
- Make guidelines. Draw a branch.
- Draw a center line and one wing.
- Finish with the other wing.
- Add a curve. Add head and neck.
- Start the outside of the ears.
- Finish the inside of the ears.
- Draw ear details and feet.
- Draw eyes, nose and mouth.
- Trace with a marker and color.