Learn how to draw a Cartoon Vampire Bat with this easy tutorial. It’s hard not to smile at one with such a big laugh!
A vampire bat may sound kind of scary, but if you give him the cartoon treatment, it’s another story. A big head, and even bigger smile, makes him almost cute! And definitely not scary.
This easy vampire bat tutorial makes use of simple body shapes that are great symmetrical drawing practice for younger elementary students. It’s best to conquer simple symmetry before trying more complicated ones.
- How to Draw a Vampire Bat (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw a Vampire Bat
- Draw a head shape.
- Add a large mouth inside.
- Draw two teeth and tongue.
- Add two laughing eyes and ear lines.
- Draw a round body below the head.
- Add two symmetrical wings.
- Draw two small feet underneath.
- Finish with a background sky and moon.
- Trace with marker and color.