Learn how to draw King Tut, and then paint him with the blue and gold and sparkle that he once had, thanks to a little metallic tempera paint.
This tutorial is great for a history lesson, but King Tut is also just plain fun image to paint. The gold tempera is pretty inexpensive and adds a little bling that students all seem to love.
This is also a great project for practicing symmetrical drawing. To make those color stripes on the headwear work, the same number of stripes need to line up from the left to the right. A little extra care needs to be taken when drawing them.
You can find many more drawing tutorials like this in my “Egyptian Drawing” ebook in my PDF Shop. Just click on the link or picture to learn more.
- King Tut Tutorial Tutorial
- Multi media paper, 9″ x 12″
- Black Sharpie markers with chisel tip
- Gold tempera paint
- Royal blue tempera paint
- PREP: Print or draw guide lines on drawing paper.
- Students follow the tutorial to draw King Tut.
- The drawing is traced with a black marker.
- The drawing is painted with gold and blue tempera paint.
Submit your review