Here’s one way to draw a camel, and his very unusual body. Follow this step by step tutorial to make him look like he’s walking across the desert.
Do you know what makes a camel look like a camel? Aside from the hump?
I say it’s all in the droopy mouth, flat eyes, and knobby knees. All these features are made from curves, some large and some small, so look closely and try to make your lines light the first time around. That will save you lots of aggravation if you need to tweak some of them before tracing.
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Camel
- Make guidelines. Start the body.
- Add a neck.
- Draw the head shape on top of the neck.
- Add the mouth, eye and ear.
- Draw two legs attached to the body.
- Draw back legs and the tail. Erase the gray lines.
- Draw a horizon sand line with pyramids.
- Add a palm tree and sun.
- Trace with a marker and color.