Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a the Pyramids and a Pyramids Coloring Page. It’s fun to place them in their natural surroundings, hot sun, sand, shadows and all.
Now students can take their pyramid drawing to a new level, by both drawing them with a shadow to look 3D, and placing them in their natural setting. It’s easy to add a few hills of sand and palm trees to create a desert oasis, once you see an example of what that might look like. Add the branches of one in the foreground, a tree in the middle ground, and pyramids in the background, and you have the makings of a really lovely drawing that includes these historic symbols of Egypt.
Use Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Pyramids Coloring Page
Materials to draw a the Pyramid
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions for a Pyramid Drawing
Time needed: 45 minutes
How to Draw the Pyramids
- Draw a horizon line.
- Add a small pyramid.
- Draw the larger pyramid behind.
- Add lines.
- Draw a palm tree to one side.
- Add large branches on the right.
- Draw a pool of water in the foreground.
- Add a large sun or moon in the sky.
- Trace with marker and color.