Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Mushroom and a Mushroom coloring page. There’s even a tracing page to try out, which is good for fine motor skill practice too.
This How to draw a Mushroom tutorial is designed to help students draw a very natural looking one, with an underside point of view. It provides a clear view of those radial lines that are seen under the cap, and can easily be shaded for some extra dimension too.
It’s easy to see why so many imaginations have turned a mushroom into tiny little homes for mythical creatures though. Their sturdy umbrella like shape just seem to be perfect for that kind of job. I hope this tutorial helps students develop a new appreciation for this amazing little plant!
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Mushroom Coloring Page
Mushroom Tracing Page
Materials to draw a Mushroom
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions for a Mushroom Drawing
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw a Mushroom
- Draw the stem.
- Add an oval around the top.
- Draw a dome shape.
- Start the radiating lines.
- Add more radiating lines.
- Continue until space is filled.
- Draw some stem details.
- Add leaves in the background.
- Trace with marker and color.