Learn how to draw a pig with an easy step by step tutorial. This profile view really is pretty realistic as they really do have no necks to speak of.
Students can learn how to draw a pig, even at a young age, without resorting to the usual oval body and attached circle head. If they instead just start with a large oval, and then add a nose and ears and legs, the result is much more true to real life.
Use Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Pin me to Your Pinterest Board!
Pig Coloring Page
Materials for Pig Drawing
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tips.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent marker pens make nice black outlines, have a good tip for coloring, and never bleed when they get wet. Use them with good ventilation and add extra paper underneath to protect your tables.
- Prang Crayons. These are a bit softer than other crayons so they sometimes look like oil pastels. They also have a some nice brown shades that Crayola does not have unless you buy their larger boxes.
- Crayola Crayons. The reliable brand that always works well. The 24 pack has some of my favorite golden orange and yellow colors that seem a bit richer and warmer than the ones Prang has.
Step by Step Directions for Pig Drawing
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Draw a Pig
- Draw an oval.
- Add the nose. Erase the inside line.
- Add a mouth and cheek line.
- Draw a curly tail.
- Add an eye and ear. Erase inside ear.
- Draw one front leg and one back leg.
- Erase inside legs, add the back legs.
- Finish the horizon line behind the pig.
- Trace with a marker and color.
Draw an Easy Pig Tutorial
- Draw an Easy Pig PDF Tutorial
- Drawing paper
- Black marker