Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Pig Tutorial Video and a Pig Coloring Page. This profile view really is pretty realistic as they really do have no necks to speak of.
Students can learn how to draw a pig, even at a young age, without resorting to the usual oval body and attached circle head. If they instead just start with a large oval, and then add a nose and ears and legs, the result is much more true to real life.
Pig Tutorial Video
Use Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Pig Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Draw an Easy Pig Step by Step
- Draw an oval.
- Add the nose. Erase the inside line.
- Add a mouth and cheek line.
- Draw a curly tail.
- Add an eye and ear. Erase inside ear.
- Draw one front leg and one back leg.
- Erase inside legs, add the back legs.
- Finish the horizon line behind the pig.
- Trace with a marker and color.