Here’s a cartoon fox drawing that includes a little perspective lesson too. Keep it simple by focusing on just his face and tail.
This fox face is drawn large and near the bottom of the paper, so there’s a whole lotta room to get creative with the background. One simple idea is add trees that get smaller and smaller. It adds some extra dimension to your drawing.
I like this tutorial for young artists as they can just concentrate on the head and fluffy tail, and not worry about the legs. It’s also a great reminder that things you draw can sometimes be so big they don’t even fit on your piece of paper. (A simple concept, but sometimes a new one for those just learning how to draw.)
*The above product links are a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Cartoon Fox
- Draw circle and two curves.
- Draw top curve of head.
- Add two more matching curves.
- Add the eyes and skinny neck.
- Draw zig zag lines, chest and ears.
- Add large tail behind head.
- Draw trees, smaller and smaller.
- Add horizon line through trunks.
- Trace with a marker and color.