Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial video for how to draw a Man and a Man Coloring Page. The body proportions for an adult is a lot different what is needed to draw a boy.
How to Draw a Man Video
When students learn how to draw a man, they can learn about all the differences there are between drawing grown ups and children. Obviously, adults are taller, but their body proportions are much different too.
The size of the head, in relationship to the body, is probably the most important thing to notice when drawing bodies. Grown ups are about 7 or 8 heads tall, where as children about are 5 or 6. That simple measurement could be used literally to see if drawings are correct, but it’s really a very rough rule of thumb. As long as students see there’s difference, and they try to make their adults with bodies that have longer arms and legs than their kid’s drawings, they’ll be on the right track.
This drawing of a man tutorial is created in a kind of cartoon style, with very simplified face, hair and hands. If students are interested in learning more about how to draw cartoons, this might come in handy. Drawing simple bodies and clothes always gets easier with practice.
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Man Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Man
- Step 1. Draw a shape for the head.
- Step 2. Add the hair on top and two ears.
- Step 3. Draw a simple face.
- Step 4. Start a shirt below the head.
- Step 5. Add two sleeves and buttons.
- Step 6. Draw two pant legs below the shirt.
- Step 7. Add two simple arms.
- Step 8. Finish with two shoes.
- Step 9. Trace with a marker and color.