Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Girl Tutorial Video and a Girl Coloring Page. This one is perfect for those just learning how to draw bodies.
How to Draw a Girl Tutorial Video
Children learning how to draw, particularly when it comes to bodies, sometimes just need to see some an example of how clothes can look, and how arms and legs are attached to them. This one shows just one way to draw a girl, wearing a simple dress and her hair up in pigtails. The dress eliminates the need to draw two pieces of clothing (like a top and pants) and provides an easy place to get more creative too. As in adding a pocket or two.
You can also see How to Draw a Boy which shows a child in shorts and tee shirt. Girls that prefer to draw themselves in shorts, but might want see how pigtails are added, could use a little of both projects.
Preview of the Step by Step Girl tutorial
Girl Coloring Page
Girl Tracing Page
Materials to draw a Girl
- Black Sharpie Marker (affiliate link)
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Step by Step Directions for a Girl Drawing
Time needed: 25 minutes.
How to Draw a Cute Girl
- Draw a circle for the head.
- Add a hair line with bangs.
- Draw eyes, nose and a mouth.
- Add two pigtails.
- Draw a neck and simple dress.
- Add two legs and feet below.
- Draw two arms.
- Add a pocket and ground line.
- Trace with marker and color.