Learn how to draw Toothless the Dragon, from the “How to Train your Dragon” series. His details get a lot easier when you have step by step instructions to follow.
Toothless is the last known Night Fury dragon in existence, and the mount and best friend of Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. As the current king of the dragons in and around the Barbaric Archipelago, he is the most powerful dragon known.
Toothless became famous with Hiccup for ending the war between vikings and dragons and for uniting the two races together. He is also responsible for bringing the dragons of Berk to the Hidden World, the ancestral homeward of all dragons.
Fans of the series now have some help in drawing Toothless the Dragon, who has a well-known look thanks to his popular movies. This step by step tutorial will show how to draw all his details, while keeping them manageable for young artists.
- Draw Toothless the Dragon PDF tutorial (click to open)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw Toothless the Dragon
- Draw a circle for the head and add eyes inside.
- Add the face and head details.
- Draw two front legs and add claws.
- Add the two back legs and add claws.
- Draw the outline of two wings.
- Add an inside edge to the wings.
- Draw lines inside the wings and start the tail.
- Finish the end of the tail.
- Trace with a marker and color.