Easy How to Draw Toothless the Dragon Tutorial and Toothless Coloring Page
Learn how to draw Toothless the Dragon, from the “How to Train your Dragon” series. His details get a lot easier when you have step by step instructions to follow.
Toothless is the last known Night Fury dragon in existence, and the mount and best friend of Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. As the current king of the dragons in and around the Barbaric Archipelago, he is the most powerful dragon known.
Toothless became famous with Hiccup for ending the war between vikings and dragons and for uniting the two races together. He is also responsible for bringing the dragons of Berk to the Hidden World, the ancestral homeward of all dragons.
Fans of the series now have some help in drawing Toothless the Dragon, who has a well-known look thanks to his popular movies. This step by step tutorial will show how to draw all his details, while keeping them manageable for young artists.
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Toothless the Dragon Coloring Page
Materials for How to Draw Toothless the Dragon
Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you click and take action, I will be compensated a small amount at no expense to you.
- Drawing Paper. Don’t substitute it with copy paper or construction paper. The surface will get fuzzy, erasing might cause holes, and the colors will generally not look as bright.
- Stabilo Markers. The large pack provides lots of fun color choices, several shades of each color, including a few choices for skin. The tips are perfect for coloring, and there’s even a promise that they will work after being uncapped for 8 weeks!
- Pencil. The Ticonderoga brand are the most reliable, make nice dark lines when you need them, and are the easiest to erase.
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tips. Stabilo Markers. They have the best colors, the best tips, and last the longest.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent markers are great for making a crisp outline to your drawing. Use them when you want your outline show up, but not be so heavy that it detracts from other things.
Step by step directions for How to Draw Toothless the Dragon
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw Toothless the Dragon
- Draw a circle for the head and add eyes inside.
- Add the face and head details.
- Draw two front legs and add claws.
- Add the two back legs and add claws.
- Draw the outline of two wings.
- Add an inside edge to the wings.
- Draw lines inside the wings and start the tail.
- Finish the end of the tail.
- Trace with a marker and color.