Learn how to draw Pete the Cat, the star of a very popular series of books. He’s made from some very simple shapes.
Older students might notice that there’s a little perspective involved in the shoes and their size, but young artists can focus on just making the shoes match. As Pete would say, “It’s all good.”
- Pete the Cat Tutorial (click to open PDF tutorial)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw Pete the Cat
- Make guidelines. Start the body.
- Add the head.
- Draw eyes, nose, whiskers and neck.
- Draw the four legs.
- Draw two front shoes.
- Draw two back shoes.
- Add details to all four shoes.
- Draw a tail and horizon line.
- Trace and color.