Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Lemur and a Lemur Coloring Page. Learn how to draw a those big eyes and striped tail that make such a cute and unusual looking animal.
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Lemurs are native only to the island of Madagascar. Most are small, have a pointed snout, large eyes, a long tail, and chiefly live in trees. A very popular kids movie about Madagascar once featured a lot of these creatures too.
But no matter what brought you to them, I think they make for a great drawing project as all the features are recognizable, they just happen to be arranged in a unique way on this very cute animal.
Lemur Coloring Page
Materials to draw a Lemur
- Black Sharpie Marker (affiliate link)
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Step by Step Directions for a Lemur Drawing
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Lemur
- Draw a large U shape.
- Add the ears and connect.
- Draw eyes with rings.
- Add mouth and hair lines.
- Draw the curved body.
- Add hands holding a ball shape.
- Draw a long tail behind the body, add stripes.
- Draw a tree on the right, and erase gray arm lines.
- Trace with a marker and color.