Learn how to draw a Panda Bear with this easy step by step tutorial. It’s hard to resist that super cute face.
This panda has all the qualities I would look for, when showing young elementary students how to draw a panda. The head and body are made with simple shapes that easily distinguish between the black and white parts, and he (or she) is sitting in a nice, balanced way.
Symmetrical images are always helpful as you only really need how to figure out how to draw half of the animal, and then copy for the rest.
Use Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Panda Coloring Page
How to Draw an Panda Bear Materials
- Pencil. The Ticonderoga brand are the most reliable, make nice dark lines when you need them, and are the easiest to erase. Buying the pre-sharpened ones will save busy teachers a lot of time.
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tip erasers, especially when erasing leftover pencil lines after tracing.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent marker pens make nice black outlines, have a good tip for coloring, and never bleed when they get wet. Use them with good ventilation and add extra paper underneath to protect your tables.
- Prang Crayons. These are a bit softer than other crayons so they sometimes look like oil pastels. They also have a some nice brown shades that Crayola does not have unless you buy their larger boxes.
- Crayola Crayons. The reliable brand that always works well. The 24 pack has some of my favorite golden orange and yellow colors that seem a bit richer and warmer than the ones Prang has.
Step by Step Directions for How to Draw a Panda Bear
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw a Panda Bear
- Draw the chin.
- Finish the top of the head.
- Add two ears.
- Start the arms.
- Finish the arms
- Add two legs and belly lines.
- Draw the eyes, nose, mouth and fur.
- Finish with horizon line and bamboo trees.
- Trace with marker and color.