Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Panda and a Panda Coloring Page. It’s hard to resist that super cute face.
This panda has all the qualities I would look for, when showing young elementary students how to draw a panda. The head and body are made with simple shapes that easily distinguish between the black and white parts, and he (or she) is sitting in a nice, balanced way. Symmetrical images are always helpful as you only really need how to figure out how to draw half of the animal, and then copy for the rest.
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Panda Coloring Page
Time Lapse Drawing of Panda
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. Don’t waste your money on the cheapest brand. These make nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a nice dark black color.
- Crayons. I like this non-toxic brand that is made from beeswax, not petroleum by-products.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions for Panda Bear
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw a Panda Bear
- Draw the chin.
- Finish the top of the head.
- Add two ears.
- Start the arms.
- Finish the arms
- Add two legs and belly lines.
- Draw the eyes, nose, mouth and fur.
- Finish with horizon line and bamboo trees.
- Trace with marker and color.