When it’s time to draw the symbols of China, learning how to draw a panda with easy step by step directions is a fun place to start.
This panda has all the qualities I would look for, when showing young elementary students how to draw a panda. The head and body are made with simple shapes that easily distinguish between the black and white parts, and he (or she) is sitting in a nice, balanced way. Symmetrical images are always helpful as you only really need how to figure out how to draw half of the animal, and then copy for the rest.
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Panda
- Make guidelines. Draw bottom of the head.
- Finish the top of the head.
- Add two ears.
- Start the arms.
- Finish the arms
- Add two legs and a belly line.
- Add the eyes, nose, mouth and tuft of fur.
- Add a grass line and bamboo.
- Trace with a marker and color.