Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Cartoon Shark and a Shark Coloring Page. This is a good one to save for “Shark Week”!
The great thing about cartoon drawings is that they are meant to be simple and exaggerated. You could try to draw the whole body, but why not just focus on the scary face? That way your cartoon shark can have a full set of pointy teeth, and angry eye, and just enough color for everyone to know exactly who he is.
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Use the Button below to download a PDF Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. Don’t waste your money on the cheapest brand. These make nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a nice dark black color.
- Crayons. I like this non-toxic brand that is made from beeswax, not petroleum by-products.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Cartoon Shark
- Draw the body with rounded nose.
- Add a straight line inside.
- Draw the mouth and fin.
- Add eyes and a gills.
- Fill the mouth with pointy teeth.
- Add a tongue.
- Draw a water line.
- Add fish and water circles.
- Trace with a marker and color.