Easy How to Draw a Soccer Ball Tutorial and Soccer Ball Coloring Page
Learn how to draw a volleyball with an easy step by step tutorial. A marker and one light gray crayon can make it look a lot like the real thing.
Learning how to draw a volleyball is a wonderful way for students to learn how to turn a basic circle into something that looks round and dimensional. (Note: Elements of Art use LINES to give something FORM!) Afterwards, you can add a slight shadow around those black lines with a light gray crayon. Instant subtle shadow!
The game of volleyball, originally called “mintonette,” was invented in 1895 by William G. Morgan. Morgan, a graduate of the Springfield College of the YMCA, designed the game to be a combination of basketball, baseball, tennis, and handball. It’s come a long way as it is now one of the big five international sports with its 220 affiliated national federations, is the largest international sporting federation in the world.
Use Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Volleyball Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
How to Draw a Volleyball Directions
Time needed: 25 minutes.
How to Draw a Volleyball Step by Step
- Draw or trace a circle.
- Place a small dot as shown.
- Draw three sections lines as shown.
- Finish bottom section as shown.
- Add a curved line inside the top right.
- Add two curved lines in the bottom.
- Add two more curved lines on the left.
- Draw a floor line.
- Trace with a marker and color.