Focus on drawing the Statue of Liberty face and you can learn more about all the amazing features of this iconic American landmark.
The Statue of Liberty is one of the most famous structures in the United States and is a very literal representation of the American ideals for immigrants coming to the U.S. throughout history. For those that passed through the halls of Ellis Island, the Statue of Liberty was the first thing people saw upon arriving.
In a perfect world, this a great project to paint, as the green and blue on watercolor paper always make such a nice combination. This sample shows that just coloring her with crayons can make a lovely drawing too. Either way, learning about the seven spikes on the crown, the windows inside it, and the lovely green that comes from copper being exposed to the sea life all these years, make this a great project for almost any media.
- Draw the Statue of Liberty PDF tutorial (click to visit download page)
- Drawing paper
- Black Sharpie marker, fine tip
Time needed: 45 minutes.
Draw the Statue of Liberty’s Face
- Draw a large U shape.
- Add a curved band on top.
- Draw the hair, ears and neck.
- Draw the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Add the hair on the sides.
- Draw a center spike, and one on each end.
- Add two spikes centered in each side, for a total of 7.
- Draw the windows in the band. Add clouds.
- Trace with a marker and color.