Here’s an easy way to draw the White House, if you happen to be studying American symbols. I’ve simplified it to help students draw all of its many columns and windows.
I’ve found that there’s nothing like some grid paper to help students draw buildings, especially one with so many windows, so I’ve included one in my download. It also adds some math to this drawing lesson as they need to be counted to make their building as symmetrical as possible.
- Draw the White House PDF Tutorial
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
- Pencil crayons
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw
- Draw the ground line and a rectangle.
- Add a triangle roof and panel below.
- Add a top edge.
- Draw four columns below the triangle.
- Draw a top row of windows.
- Add the bottom row of windows and center door.
- Add details shown.
- Add lines shown, and a flag in the center.
- Trace with a marker and color with pencil crayons.