Here’s an easy way to draw the White House, in all its symmetrical beauty. A grid template really helps students of all ages make their best drawing.
White House Drawing
I’ve found that there’s nothing like some grid paper to help students draw buildings, especially one with so many windows, so I’ve included one in my download. It also adds some math to this drawing lesson as lines need to be counted to make their building as symmetrical as possible.
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
White House Coloring Page
Materials for a White House Drawing
- Black Sharpie Marker (affiliate link)
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Directions for a White House Drawing Step by Step
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw the White House
- Draw the ground line and a rectangle.
- Add a triangle roof and panel below.
- Add a top edge.
- Draw four columns below the triangle.
- Draw a top row of windows.
- Add the bottom row of windows and center door.
- Add details shown.
- Add lines shown, and a flag in the center.
- Trace with a marker and color with pencil crayons.
More Symbols of the US drawing projects