Here’s an easy way to draw the White House, in all its symmetrical beauty. A grid template really helps students of all ages make their best drawing.
I’ve found that there’s nothing like some grid paper to help students draw buildings, especially one with so many windows, so I’ve included one in my download. It also adds some math to this drawing lesson as lines need to be counted to make their building as symmetrical as possible.
- Draw the White House PDF Tutorial (click to open)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
- Pencil crayons
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw the White House
- Draw the ground line and a rectangle.
- Add a triangle roof and panel below.
- Add a top edge.
- Draw four columns below the triangle.
- Draw a top row of windows.
- Add the bottom row of windows and center door.
- Add details shown.
- Add lines shown, and a flag in the center.
- Trace with a marker and color with pencil crayons.
More Symbols of the US drawing projects