Now this DIY Father’s Day card has a template that I thought some busy teachers might appreciate. Makes a great painting or Z fold card.
There’s nothing like the combination of background tempera colors and oil pastel details on top. The two textures always look great together, and the pastels allow for some easy details to be added.
- D-A-D PDF template
- White construction paper, 12″ x 18″
- Poster board or chip board for template
- Tempera paint
- Oil pastels
- PREP: Cut large white construction paper (12″ x 18″) in half to make panels of 6″ x 18″. Fold the panels into thirds to make a card that measures 6″ x 6″. Arrange folds so that the card makes a “Z”. Cut lots of posterboard “D” and “A” block letters for the students to trace. Plan B: Print out the PDF file on cardstock paper and have students color and cut and tape to look like the sample art.
- The students center the letter templates in each panel, trace with a pencil, and then trace with a black marker.
- The students color in a different pattern inside each letter, and then different colors for the background.