2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | Drawing | Drawing Videos for Kids | Lettering | Markers | Stabilo
How to Draw 3D Letters Video Tutorial and a 3D Letters Coloring Page
Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step video tutorial for how to draw 3D Letters and a 3D Letters Coloring Page. The tutorials and coloring pages are all combined, to make one super deluxe free download!
3D Letters Preview
How to Draw 3D Letters Tutorial Video
This is one tool that I wished I had in my classroom, back in the day. It’s a complete alphabet for students that are practicing their lettering, be it just block or the more advanced 3D shapes. Some students that are new to lettering may just need to see examples of the block letters. Others that get the gist of 3D letters, might just need to see a few of the more unusual ones. And some might want to just use them as coloring pages – it’s all good! No matter what though, my crazy obsession with being thorough is your gain. Enjoy!
Join “The Daily Draw” to get this instant download!
Save me to your Pinterest Board!
Materials to Draw 3D Letters
Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you click and take action, I will be compensated a small amount at no expense to you.
- Drawing Paper. Don’t substitute it with copy paper or construction paper. The surface will get fuzzy, erasing might cause holes, and the colors will generally not look as bright.
- Stabilo Markers. The large pack provides lots of fun color choices, several shades of each color, including a few choices for skin. The tips are perfect for coloring, and there’s even a promise that they will work after being uncapped for 8 weeks!
- Pencil. The Ticonderoga brand are the most reliable, make nice dark lines when you need them, and are the easiest to erase.
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tips. Stabilo Markers. They have the best colors, the best tips, and last the longest.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent markers are great for making a crisp outline to your drawing. Use them when you want your outline show up, but not be so heavy that it detracts from other things.
How to Draw 3D Letters Step by Step
Time needed: 15 minutes.
How to Draw 3D Letters
- Draw the block letter first.
- Add diagonal lines, all going in the same direction.
- Connect the diagonal ends as shown.