You can add to your animal studies by learning how to draw a monkey. This step by step tutorial focuses on the squirrel monkey, who lives in tropical forests.
Why draw just a generic monkey when, with just a few extra steps, you can draw an adorable squirrel monkey? These guys have an extra ring of color around their eyes, fuzzy necks, and very distinct coloring that isn’t that hard to imitate if you break it down into simple steps.
Squirrel monkeys also live in rainforests, which are getting smaller by the day, so they could always use some more protection. Drawing one that is staring right at you is a good way to start.
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
LOOKING FOR MORE DRAWING PROJECT IDEAS?
There are 200 fun and easy drawing tutorials made just for young artists in my giant How To Draw ebook.
All were created with lots of hands on classroom testing, and designed to take beginner artists from the first step to the last with clear and simple diagrams.
It’s all you need to provide hours of drawing fun with tutorials for Animals, Fish, Insects, Birds, Landscapes, Plants, Transportation, People and much more. Just click on the book or title to learn more.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Monkey
- Make guidelines. Draw two circle eyes with dots inside.
- Draw rings around the eyes.
- Add a mouth ring with nose inside.
- Draw the face shape around the eyes and mouth.
- Add the head and neck fur.
- Draw a body below the neck fur.
- Add smooth ear lines. Draw fuzzy lines around them.
- Erase the smooth ear lines. Draw the forest in the back.
- Trace with a marker and color as shown.