Learn how to draw a kangaroo by turning their cute bodies in to simple shapes. This profile version is a good place to start.
Drawing a kangaroo from this angle also shows how they can use their tail to balance themselves. And with a little imagination, a pouch and baby kangaroo head could be added under the arms as well.
If you like this tutorial, there are many more like it in my “Draw Animals” ebook in my PDF Shop.
- Download Kangaroo PDF tutorial
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
- Prep: Print tutorial for each student.
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
- Students follow the tutorial to draw the kangaroo in pencil.
- The kangaroo is traced with a black marker.
- The kangaroo is colored carefully with crayons.