Learn how to draw a kangaroo by turning their cute bodies in to simple shapes. This profile version is a good place to start.
Drawing a kangaroo from this angle shows how they can use their tail to balance themselves.
And with a little imagination, a pouch and baby kangaroo head could be added under the arms as well.
Fun tip: Did you know kangaroos are the only large mammal to use use hopping as their primary method of locomotion? That makes them pretty unique!
LIKE THIS DRAWING PROJECT?
There are 200 more fun and easy drawing tutorials like this one, in my giant How To Draw ebook in my PDF Shop.
All were created with lots of hands on classroom testing, and designed to take beginner artists from the first step to the last with clear and simple diagrams.
It’s all you need to provide hours of drawing fun with tutorials for Animals, Fish, Insects, Birds, Landscapes, Plants, Transportation, People and much more.
*The above product links are a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
- Prep: Print tutorial for each student.
- Fold your paper in half to make creases to use as guidelines.
- Draw the kangaroo in pencil.
- Trace the kangaroo with a black marker.
- Color the kangaroo carefully with crayons, or paint with watercolors, or do a little of each, as shown here with crayon grass details.