I created this Leonardo da Vinci for kids project as a fun drawing exercise. Everything but the face is erased so you can fill in your own.
This photoshopped face of Ginevra de Benci (by Leonardo di Vinci) was originally posted quite a while ago, but only with the one main page to draw on. When I taught this project, I realized students needed more references to “fill in the blanks”. They needed to see basically how the shoulders and hair might fall (as a starting point), a finished example for inspiration, and the original painting for a little art history.
If you like this project, you might enjoy my “Line Art Portraits” ebook in my PDF Shop.
- Download Deluxe Da Vinci PDF Tutorial
- Deluxe Line Art PDF
- Color Printer
- Drawing paper
- Sharpie marker, fine point and ultra fine point
- Print face with blank background for each student.
- Draw a new body and hair for Leonardo’s painting.
- Trace the main edges with a fine point Sharpie marker.
- Add lots of detailed lines with an ultra fine point marker.
- Erase any leftover pencil lines.