Here’s how to draw an easy seahorse with a simple step by step tutorial.
Here are a few fun facts about seahorses:
- Seahorses are unique in that the male seahorse is the one who carries the young and gives birth. The only other animal who does this is the sea dragon.
- They have a swim bladder that is a tiny pocket inside their body.
- Like other fish, they breathe through their gills.
- Seahorses are named due to the shape of their head that looks like a horse.
- There are around 54 seahorse species worldwide.
This seahorse is made from some really simple shapes. It has a cute look that children will love to draw, but still looks pretty realistic so they can learn more about them. It will be a fun addition to any lessons about sea life.
- How to Draw an Easy Seahorse (click for a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 55 minutes.
How to Draw an Easy Seahorse
- Draw an oval and curvy back line.
- Add a curvy front belly line.
- Add the mouth.
- Erase the line, add eye and belly lines.
- Draw the spokes along the back.
- Connect the spikes with a curved line.
- Draw a wing shape.
- Erase inside, add lines and seaweed.
- Trace with a marker and color.