1st Grade | 2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | Crayons | Drawing | Easy How to Draw Tutorials | How to Draw Animals | View by Grade | View by Media
How to Draw an Easy Seahorse Tutorial and Seahorse Coloring Page
Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw an Easy Seahorse and a Seahorse Coloring Page.
Now students can learn how to draw a Seahorse with enough detail to show off their amazing bodies, but not so many as to get overwhelming. This tutorial will walk them through getting the basic shape of the body down, and then adding all the spikes and fins. A few strands of seaweed and bubbles finish off a fun drawing. Here are a few fun facts about seahorses:
- Seahorses are unique in that the male seahorse is the one who carries the young and gives birth. The only other animal who does this is the sea dragon.
- They have a swim bladder that is a tiny pocket inside their body.
- Like other fish, they breathe through their gills.
- Seahorses are named due to the shape of their head that looks like a horse.
- There are around 54 seahorse species worldwide.
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Seahorse Coloring Page
Materials for How to Draw a Seahorse
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Directions for How to Draw a Seahorse
Time needed: 55 minutes.
How to Draw an Easy Seahorse
- Draw an oval and curvy back line.
- Add a curvy front belly line.
- Add the mouth.
- Erase the line, add eye and belly lines.
- Draw the spokes along the back.
- Connect the spikes with a curved line.
- Draw a wing shape.
- Erase inside, add lines and seaweed.
- Trace with a marker and color.