Here’s how to draw a lighthouse on an island, step by step, with plenty of room to add some ships in the surrounding water.
The fun stripes on a lighthouse offer a good opportunity to make something look round, just by curving a few key lines. Make the stripes slightly curved, including the very bottom edge, and the lighthouse will take on a lot more dimension and not look flat.
*The above product links are a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Lighthouse
- Make guidelines. Start the building.
- Add the top and curved lines.
- Add windows and details.
- Draw building behind lighthouse.
- Add windows and island.
- Add horizon line.
- Draw waves, larger ones in front.
- Add light ray lines.
- Trace with a marker and color with crayons.