Learn how to draw a teddy bear with a heart and you can adapt it for all kinds of sweet occasions. This one is perfect for an easy Valentine card.
Children that are just learning how to draw do their best work when they have what I call anchor points to refer to. For instance, asking them to “place their pencil in the center of a sheet of paper and draw up and back to the center for half of a heart” is so much clearer than just asking them to “draw half a heart”.
Those guide lines could be made from just folding and creasing the paper, or actually printing them if you have a lot of students. They take all the guesswork out of getting that large heart centered on the sheet of paper. And once the heart is in place, drawing the rest of this simple teddy is a piece of cake.
- Draw a Teddy Bear with a Heart PDF (click to open)
- Watercolor paper
- Black Sharpie marker
- Liquid watercolor paint
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to draw a Teddy
- Make guidelines. Draw half a heart.
- Finish the heart.
- Draw a head above the heart.
- Add eyes, nose and mouth.
- Draw two ears.
- Add two medium paws and two larger feet.
- Add spots to the feet.
- Write a message in the heart.
- Trace with a marker and paint or color.