Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for an easy Valentine drawing and Easy Valentine Coloring Page. You can’t miss with this simple elephant spraying lots of pretty hearts.
This little elephant that is spraying hearts might be just the ticket for someone looking for an easy Valentine drawing project. The elephant body is very basic, and the hearts could be added in all kinds of variations.
This sample actually comes from my “Valentine Drawing” ebook, and is made with a permanent marker and watercolor paint, but would look cute in all kinds of media.
If you do decided to go with watercolor, I always recommend working with real watercolor paper, as opposed to just drawing paper. It costs a bit more, but really does make all the paint colors look so much brighter.
That being said, a pretty crayon drawing is always welcome too. Valentine’s Day is about showing someone you care about them, and nothing says that quite like a homemade card!
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Easy Valentine Drawing Coloring Page
Materials to draw an Easy Valentine Drawing
Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you click and take action, I will be compensated a small amount at no expense to you.
- Watercolor Paper.
- Real watercolor paper always makes the watercolor paint much more vibrant.
- The Ticonderoga brand are the most reliable, make nice dark lines when you need them, and are the easiest to erase.
- Crayola Crayons.
- This classic brand always works well.
- Rounded Watercolor Brush.
- A good paint brush can make all the difference in the world. Who can paint small details with one of those big floppy brushes? This style with a sturdy rounded tip were my hands down favorite.
- Liquid Watercolor Paint.
- These paints are so easy to work with, leave such bright colors and last for a long, long time. Well worth the investment.
- Non-Spill Paint Cup.
- Train your students to leave the matching brush in each cup after they use it, and you have an easy system with very little cleanup.
Step by Step Directions for an Easy Valentine Drawing
Time needed: 45 minutes
How to make an Easy Valentine Drawing
- Draw a large C shape.
- Attach a simple trunk.
- Add the ears, eye and trunk wrinkles.
- Draw two legs on the side.
- Add two more legs on the other side, and a tail.
- Draw three large hearts.
- Fill with two more hearts.
- Erase the extra lines inside the legs.
- Trace with a marker and color or paint.